Your Bridgeport, CT, dentist treats adults who suffer from crooked teeth. The dentist at Allure Dental Group believes no one is too old for orthodontics. Braces work by adding light pressure to teeth to move them into their proper position. There is a bigger risk of gum disease in adults though, so visit your doctor on a regular basis.
To ensure your treatment gives you optimal solutions, but make sure to wear a mouth guard if you're playing a sport and don't skip your dentist's appointments to ensure braces are adjusted properly and that there's no hardened plaque buildup on teeth and/or around gums.
Post-orthodontic Treatment Check-ups:
You need to continue visiting your dentist to ensure your teeth are free of plaque.
Wearing a Retainer and Using Space Maintainers:
After treatment, wearing a retainer will help maintain the position of your teeth.
Space maintainers are dental devices that help teeth grow in normally following premature tooth loss, injury, and other issues. Space maintainers help ensure spaces are maintained when permanent teeth erupt.
Cost of Orthodontics in Bridgeport:
Orthodontic treatment is a long-term investment and hasn't increased too much in price compared to other procedures. There are several financing options that help make braces affordable.
How to Care for Your Braces:
There are several things to take into consideration when maintaining your dental health:
- Avoid eating certain foods, such as popcorn, corn, sticky foods...etc.
- Don't skip your dentist's appointment to ensure braces are adjusted properly and there's no hard-to-reach plaque that can cause gum disease.
- Consider fluoride-containing products, like mouthwash and toothpaste.
- Drink plenty of water to wash away food debris.
- Floss and brush your teeth after every meal, and make sure your child changes his or her tooth brush every 3 months or when the bristles are worn out, or frayed
- Make sure to wear a mouth guard if you're playing a sport.
Need a doctor?
If you have any questions or concerns about orthodontics, don't hesitate to call your Bridgeport, CT, dentist, at (203) 368-9016.